Alam mo ba na in most cases, GERD can be managed with lifestyle changes and over-the-counter medications? If you think you might suffer from GERD - ‘wag matakot.
Still, prevention is always better than cure. It’s important to know what you can do to prevent GERD and keep your digestive system healthy.
Here are a few measures you can take to prevent gastroesophageal reflux disease:
- Avoid fatty food
- Avoid chocolates and mints
- Avoid carbonated and caffeinated beverages
- Avoid food that irritates your stomach, such as citrus fruits or spicy food
- Eat smaller meals
- Refrain from lying down immediately after eating
- Kung ikaw ay overweight, start exercising and aim to lose the extra weight
- Elevate the upper part of your body when sleeping at night
- Sleep on your left side
- Quit smoking and alcohol