If you’re experiencing the painful symptoms that accompany the formation of dreaded kidney stones – don’t worry! Kidney stones are easily treated. In this article, we explore the various treatments and drugs available to you, depending on your condition.
If you have:
- Small stones with minimal symptoms
- Uminom ng madaming tubig, at least 2-3 liters a day to help flush the stones out of your system
- Relieve mild pain with over-the-counter painkillers – make sure to talk to your doctor beforehand for his professional recommendation
- Take additional medication, such as an alpha blocker to relax your ureter muscles, as prescribed by your doctorb
- Large stones with severe symptoms
If the stones are too large to pass on their own or are large enough to cause bleeding or damage, your doctor may administer one of the following procedures:
- Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL) which uses sound waves to break kidney stones into smaller pieces
- Surgery to remove very large stones
- Removing moderately sized stones using a scope
Whether you have minimal or severe symptoms, make sure to speak to a medical professional as soon as possible to receive the best treatment appropriate for your condition.